LIA – Goods / Cargo & Container Inspections :
The goods/cargo & container inspection article will provide you with information about second or Third party inspection (TPI ) activities, which are done to confirm delivered goods have the same specifications that were stated in the purchase order.
The scope of work for goods /cargo inspection is very similar to that of pre-shipment inspection.
Goods and commodity inspection have the same meaning and same definition and refer to the inspection of specific goods that a buyer purchases from seller.
The buyer might be the end-user, an engineering company under the contract of an end-user, and the seller might be an equipment manufacturer or its distributor or individual supplier.
Generally, the inspection Scope of inspections includes the following:
· Document reviews – MTCs , DOCs,
· Visual quality inspections
· Quantity inspections
· Packing inspections
· Marking and sealing inspections
· Loading inspections at the warehouse / or in Ports .
The scope of inspection has more of a commercial approach than a technical approach. Sometimes goods inspection is accompanied by shop inspection.
Shop or Vendor Inspection refers to the inspection activities that are done during the manufacturing process, but goods inspection is a term which is normally is used for finished material or equipment inspection.
This is the reason for goods or commodity inspection ,we say visual quality inspection and not quality inspection, but to-day's in industrial equipment shop inspection and goods inspection are done together.
Goods /Cargo and commodity inspection is also called Pre-Shipment inspections.
LIA in Pre-shipment inspection by any scope of work doesn’t cover any liability or warranty or guarantee for the commodity inspected, also such other terms as price verification services to the customs authorities, etc. and does not come in the terms and conditions by the third party inspection services above mentioned .
For more details, review the Pre-Shipment Inspection,Terms & Conditions of Lloyds Inspection Agency.Pvt.Ltd.
INSPECTIONS STAGES :
· Based on the agreement between the buyer and seller, the goods might be inspected by the buyer's own inspector or independent third party inspector.
· The Proforma Invoice, Purchase Order, Letter of Credit, Goods Specifications ,MTCs by Supplier,DOC by Supplier,Packing Lists with Description of Container , Certificate of Country of Origin and Verified by the Concerned Shipment Port, must be reviewed by the inspector before the physical inspection of goods can occur.
· LIA – Authorized third party inspector will provide an Inspection Report / Visit report to the Purchaser and issue the Inspection Report or Release Note if the inspection Result was Satisfactory.
· By receiving the Inspection Report or Release Note, the Seller can organize for shipment.
· It is necessary to notify the shipment date to the Third Party Inspector of LIA in advance ,if the loading inspection is in the Scope of Work and Inspection required.
· If the purchase fund is transferred through a letter of credit, then the third Party Inspection Company will issue an inspection certificate.
· The inspection certificate is almost always issued after the shipment of the goods.
The documents that must be submitted by the seller to the inspection company for issuing the inspection certificate are :
· Documents with description of goods , MTCs ,DOCs.
· Bill of lading,
· Certificate of origin documents signed and approved by the government officials for international shipping.
· Packing list
But if the goods value is paid with T/T (Telegraphic Transfer), in other words through a wire transfer system, then these formalities are not necessary.
But this is done only for small purchases or when the buyer and seller trust each other and do not want to spend lots of time opening a LC and following the procedures.
The scope of inspection depends on the buyer and conveyed to LIA by official mail in letter head .
Scope of Inspection can be limited to One ( 1 ) Man Day :
· One (1) man-day and request a visual inspection,
· Quantity check,
· Packing and
· Marking inspection or
· Order several days to witness some tests in continuous to this inspections.
For example, assume a buyer wants to purchase 100 Diesel Generators from a supplier or its distributor. Then the buyer can hire us LIA , as Third party inspection agency for One ( 1 ) Man Day just to make the following :
· Document reviews (Drawings, Test reports, Material certificates),
· Visual inspection,
· Packing Inspections and
· Witness Marking & sealing by supplier.
Or can hire LIA as a third party inspection agency for Five (5 ) Man Days and ask the TPI engineer to following scope of inspections:
· Witness all Diesel Generator performance tests
· And also do the visual inspections ,
· Packing inspections and
· Witness Marking & sealing by supplier.
Definitely, the inspection cost will be higher in the second option, but the risk of receiving non-conforming Diesel Generator will be less.
The purchaser must optimize the cost of inspection and the scope of work before conveying it to LIA for performing the Third Party Inspection Services .
In the above example, in the second option, the third party inspection company has made a
· Shop inspection as well as
· Preshipment or goods inspection.
Contact Details :
All Rights Owned by Lloyds Inspection Agency . Pvt.Ltd subjected to Terms & Conditions.
All Reports Issued by Lloyds Inspection Agency with a ID No & Traceable .